Monday, January 23, 2006



Friends,

I've made this haunting short, single-image film. I tried, for two days, to get this image right. Going back and back and back and erecting all the required apparatuses to tweak the composition.

All you need to know is that I conceived of the film a while back, first, with multiple sinks, then multiple hands. I even wanted rectangles somewhere in the frame. But the constancy of the image makes your interpretations --and you have no choice but to have many-- the variables. It's an unsettling and humbling film. Here's a still image from it. My only concern is that the film's 5:30 run time is not enough. Moon light, rain, role of the artist, I just keep going. All of those interpretations leave and that leaving, the knowledge that you can't tie shit to shit, becomes beautiful and pervasive. Unsettling impermanence. Air between the animal's joints.

Will show this at the Blue Door on Thursday.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger marcus silcock said...

I am really sad I missed this film. I love wet chrome or metallic surfaces. I like it much more than wood. I like it more than alabaster or polyester.

Seriously, I miss you and all the Lucifer folk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home